We have been at the heart of the UK energy market for 25 years and are today playing a critical role in decarbonising the UK energy system. As a major energy services and smart metering company with technology, data and sustainability at the core of our ethos and business model, SMS is committed to delivering the future of smart energy.
We are proud of being both an equal opportunity employer and an accredited real living wage employer! We look out for our customers and our focus is ‘putting our people first’.
Our people enable us to do all of this by living our 5 core values: Safety, Customer excellence, Sustainability, Innovation and Pride.
Our Dual Fuel Engineers are a vital part of our business and hold the highest quality technical skills, are team players, and focused on delivering the best customer experience.
As a Dual Fuel Engineer for SMS Plc, you should be capable of delivering exceptional customer service to the clients you engage with day to day, as well as being focused on the ongoing development of your technical and personal skills, to achieve your optimal performance.
You'll need to have a degree of flexibility to cover emergencies and help teammates with problematic jobs.
We currently have a number of positions available within the following areas for fully qualified Dual Fuel engineers – MPAN 12 (London), 10 (Eastern), 19 (South East), 20 (Southern)
You must hold the following relevant experience/qualifications:
- Dual Fuel Smart Metering experience
- A proactive approach to pre-visit customer communication
- Strong technical skills to deliver exceptional first fit levels
- CMA1/CCN1, REGT1, MET1 and MET2
- Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering (Dual Fuel/Power) or Proof of Electrical Competence
- An understanding of industry governance and compliance
- A current, full UK driving licence
In return we offer:
- 25 personal holiday days per year with additional allocation of 8 public holidays
- After 5 years of service you will be rewarded with an additional 5 days annual leave taking it to 30 personal days and 8 public holidays.
- Length of service cash incentive
- Refer a friend bonus (£500)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Corporate season ticket travel
- Automatic enrolment into the Company Stakeholder Pension Scheme (will commence following 3 months employment)
- Eligibility to join the Share Incentive Plan following 6 months employment
- Life Insurance cover where your next of kin will receive 4 times your annual salary