We have been at the heart of the UK energy market for 25 years and are today playing a critical role in decarbonising the UK energy system. As a major energy services and smart metering company with technology, data and sustainability at the core of our ethos and business model, SMS is committed to delivering the future of smart energy.
We are proud of being both an equal opportunity employer and an accredited real living wage employer! We look out for our customers and our focus is ‘putting our people first’.
Our people enable us to do all of this by living our 5 core values: Safety, Customer excellence, Sustainability, Innovation and Pride.
The QA Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that new software updates or systems configuration perform to specified functional and non-functional requirements. You will be working closely with developers, product owners and business analysts to ensure that all software is of a high standard, free from defects and meets the needs of the business stakeholders.
Special Conditions - This is a remote working 6 month Fixed Term opportunity however travel to other SMS plc offices may be required from time to time.
- Working with Business Analysts, Product Owners and Developers to ensure user stories have the required level of detail and user acceptance criteria
- Manual testing of new features to ensure they meet requirements and quality standards
- Creating, modifying and maintaining manual test suites for both web and mobile applications
- Carrying out manual regression testing of new releases
- Contributing to and supporting a variety of test phase efforts
- Exploratory testing
- Functional test case design
- Manual verification testing including the ability to analyse and report on test results
- Ability to manage issues by communicating and escalating appropriately and effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communications skills
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related subject would be desirable
- ISTQB Certified Tester would be desirable
- Manual verification testing experience is essential
- Experience of working within an Agile software development environment
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail or similar test management tools for manual testing, planning and reporting
- Exposure to automation testing techniques and frameworks